On March 16 and 17, 2016, the partners of the POP CoE -- Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC), High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS), Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC), Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd (NAG), Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH), and Ter@tec -- met in Aachen for their first project meeting.
After the greetings and introduction by the coordinator, Prof. Jesús Labarta, the seven work packages of the project were discussed by the work package leaders:
- WP1: Management (BSC): The first set of project deliverables have been delivered on time.
- WP2: Customer Advocacy (Ter@tec): Customer satisfation questionaires have been developed for the different POP services and the work package will begin collecting the first data once the first service requests have been processed and finalized.
- WP3: POP Community Development and Sustainability (NAG): A Customer Relationship Management software package has been installed and configured. A short introduction to the system was given to the project members.
- WP4: Analysis (BSC): Service request forms as well as a ticket system to manage POP user requests have been developed and installed. The first service requests were already successfully executed, and many more are worked on. The need for a more "standardized" form of the service result reports was identified and will be discussed in a separate work package meeting.
- WP5: Proof-of-Concept (HLRS): Some early work in this area has been started.
- WP6: Training and Documentation (RWTH): Training material for performance analysis of parallel applications and the available tools is currently collected and further developed. It will be made available to the public on this website soon. A first training workshop with developers of EoCoE has been organized in December 2015.
- WP7: Dissemination (JSC): Dissemination material for events has been developed and is available under "Further Information".