A list and reports from past events can be found in our blog.
POP will be particpating in the SC 2021 conference, St. Louis, from 14th to 19th November, 2021. POP experts are co-organizing and presenting three tutorials (all online):
• Hands-on Practical Hybrid Parallel Application Performance Engineering, Nov 14th (JSC)
• Mastering Tasking with OpenMP, Nov 14th (RWTH, BSC)
• Advanced OpenMP: Host Performance and 5.1 Features, Nov 15th (RWTH)
POP experts will also present two papers at SC21 workshops:
• Differential Performance Analysis Workflow for Algorithmic Changes, Nov 14th (RWTH)
• Performance of Dynamic Data Race Detection, Nov 19th (Joachim Protze, RWTH)
On December 10, 2021, Xavier Teruel (BSC) will present the 24th POP Webinar - Resources for Co-Design. He will present the main motivation behind the development of the POP 'Resources for Co-Design" website and explain how to effectively navigate through the different resources for co-design available there.
On December 15th, 2021 from 9:00 - 12:00 GMT, POP experts present a Performance Analysis Methodology Workshop. The workshop will be held online on Zoom and is organized in collaboration with the Computer Science Department and Advanced Research Computing, Durham University, DiRAC and N8 CIR. The workshop aims to give a solid understanding of the basics of performance analysis for research and simulation codes, using high- and low-level metrics. The agenda and registration details can be found here.
On February 7 to 11, 2022, POP experts will give an overview of the VI-HPS programming tools suite, explain the functionality of individual tools, and how to use them effectively, and offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools at the 41th VI-HPS Tuning Workshop at JSC/RWTH Aachen, Germany. The workshop will be held online bsed on the Zoom platform.