Our experts provide performance optimisation and productivity services for (your?) academic AND industrial code(s) in all domains! We offer a portfolio of services designed to help our users optimise parallel software and understand performance issues. Whilst our primary customers are code developers & owners our services are also available to code users and infrastructure & service centres.
The services are free of charge to academic, research or commercial organisations in the EU!
Services provided by POP
? Parallel Application Performance Audit
- This is our primary service
- Initial analysis measuring a range of performance metrics to assess quality of performance and identify the issues affecting performance (at customer site).
- Small effort, split between our experts and the customer (< 1 month)
- Example performance audit report:
! Parallel Application Performance Plan
- Follow-up on the performance audit service
- Undertakes further performance evaluations to identify the root causes of the issues found and qualify and quantify approaches to address them
- Larger effort (1-3 months)
- Experiments and mock-up tests for customer codes (after initial performance audit or performance plan)
- Work based on kernel extraction, parallelisation, mini-apps experiments to demonstrate the actual benefits of proposed optimisations
- 6 months effort, but biggest impact on customer code
- Performance analysis of parallel applications: processes and tools