The performance tools (PT) team at UVSQ (LI-PaRAD Laboratory) has been working on performance optimization tools and methodologies since 2004 starting with Itanium based clusters. UVSQ started working on real applications within a joint Laboratory (LRC-ITACA) with the French Department of Energy (CEA DAM). Today UVSQ is a partner of the Excascale Computing Research Laboratory together with Intel and CEA since 2009.
UVSQ pursues the following goals with respect to HPC:
- Develop performance evaluation tools (MAQAO) targeting both core/node level and parallel issues
- Develop program behaviour analysis tool (performance, energy, numerical accuracy) allowing to capture interaction between hardware and HPC applications
- Develop a methodology and a User experience (UX) to guide non-expert users to restructure their code to improve performance
- Develop partnerships with industrial and academic partners to test and improve our MAQAO Toolset
- Educate tomorrow's HPC experts through a specialized HPC Master programme (http://www.chps.uvsq.fr/)
- Take part in French and International HPC projects
- Training: Help users analyzing and optimizing their codes in Workshops / Events
POP services are provided by the Performance Tools team based on a strong experience acquired through success stories involving leading Industrial companies.