On September 21 and 22, 2016, the partners of the POP CoE -- Barcelona Supercomputing Centre (BSC), High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS), Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC), Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd (NAG), Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH), and Ter@tec -- met in Stuttgart for their second project meeting.
After the greetings and introduction by the coordinator, Prof. Jesús Labarta, the seven work packages of the project were discussed by the work package leaders:
- WP1: Management (BSC): Preparations for the first year technical reporting and for the first project review in Novemeber were discussed.
- WP2: Customer Advocacy (Ter@tec): A first round of eighteen customer feedback forms have been collected. Overall the customers reported that POP experts were very to extremely responsive and found the answers of POP experts were good to excellent.
- WP3: POP Community Development and Sustainability (NAG): Three models on how to sustain the POP CoE beyond the initial EU funding phase have been presented and discussed..
- WP4: Analysis (BSC): Overall, the number of services provided to POP customers are in line with the projections and plans. Various options to increase the percentage of industrial / SME customers were discussed.
- WP5: Proof-of-Concept (HLRS): The first Proof-of-Concept studies are finalized and more are in the pipeline.
- WP6: Training and Documentation (RWTH): Training material for performance analysis of parallel applications and the available tools was collected and is available at our website. A second training workshop with developers of EoCoE has been organized in May 2016.
- WP7: Dissemination (JSC): Success stories and a Customer Code List were added to the website. A LinkedIn group was created.