The Performance Optimisation and Productivity (POP) Centre of Excellence and Alces Flight have come together to offer a free, six-month integrated performance optimisation and cloud migration program. This unique opportunity is open to any EU/UK based organization with a strong interest in moving their parallel software or workflow to the cloud. Over the next six months selected program participants will receive:
- A POP performance assessment to build a quantitative picture of the application you have chosen to focus on
- A full POP performance review of the application
- Education in best practices in parallel programming
- An Alces Flight test cluster environment on public cloud
- Alces Flight expertise in building up a right-sized cluster environment to optimise application use
- Management of the environment during your cloud application testing cycle through a free three-month subscription to Alces Flight Center
- A complete report on the project including goals achieved and a roadmap of options to pursue
- Publication and feature in POP CoE and Alces Flight Community events as well as further opportunities for promotion
If you are ready to take the next step in optimising and running your application on cloud then apply now!
- Applications from any discipline or sector located in the UK or EU are encouraged.
- Successful program applicants will be required to engage with the POP CoE and Alces Flight teams for a minimum of 1 to 2 hours per week, though this time may vary.
- Applications are reviewed and rated based on strength of the business case and the technical feasibility of the work
- The successful candidates receives a POP Performance Assessment service either on their own hardware platform or on a PRACE system as the first stage of the project. Unsuccessful candidates can still request POP services, free of charge.
- After the POP Performance Assessment, the project moves to the cloud, where Alces Flight will walk you through managing and testing environments to find the optimum cloud architecture.
- During your cloud environment testing you will have a free three-month subscription to Alces Flight Center, your central hub for creating, maintaining, and growing your cluster environment.
- Selected cloud platform for testing will be agreed between Alces Flight and the selected participants.
- At the end of the cloud project candidates are welcome to continue to subscribe to Alces Flight services or choose to self-manage.
- Winning candidates will receive featured case studies and other marketing of their work through POP CoE and Alces Flight.
- Application closing date: 29 April 2021
- Winners announced: 28 May 2021